Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by awakeningeden on Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:08 pm

We have about five MEPs that are currently past their deadlines, with only two to three parts missing each. I know I'm not an admin or a co-leader, but as devoted member of this group, I'm very frustrated that we can't get our projects in on time and move this studio forward. We have a huge amount of talent in this studio, and I feel like it's kind of wasted if the MEPs we work so hard on don't come into fruition.

I urge each host of the closed MEPs to check up on all missing parts, and if they can't get a hold of the members RE-OPEN the parts or pass them on to your designated back-ups. There are members more than willing to pick up the slack, myself included.

I still really enjoy this studio and adore all of its members, but hopefully I can rouse some kind of motivation to put some more MEPs on our channel ^__^
avatar
awakeningeden
Admin

Posts : 152
Participation! : 2147483647
Join date : 2013-05-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Harlequinade13 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:13 pm

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm with you on this one. ^-^
avatar
Harlequinade13

Posts : 266
Participation! : 242
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by xEmmaTheKid on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:33 pm

I couldn't have said it better myself Eden Smile
avatar
xEmmaTheKid
Admin

Scorpio
Pig
Posts : 350
Participation! : 2147483647
Birthday : 1995-11-08
Join date : 2013-05-18
Age : 21
Location : Probably the Fridge

View user profile http://pandastockings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Harlequinade13 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:52 pm

I think the problem is that a lot of the older MEPs either haven't filled up yet or the host is away. And in that case, either the members who joined have forgotten about their parts, or the host just hasn't kept up with the MEP. I notice a lot of Suggestions have enough Yeses but still haven't been opened, too.
I am very happy with this studio, though, I agree that their Is a lot of talent here! ^-^ We all just need to focus on getting one or two parts filled or turned in for a lot of our still-open MEPs. Maybe someone should contact the hosts via YT about their MEP if it looks like they haven't been on that thread in a while. Maybe if they don't respond to PMs or aren't interested in hosting that MEP anymore, someone could be a replacement host?
avatar
Harlequinade13

Posts : 266
Participation! : 242
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by awakeningeden on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:25 pm

@Harlequinade: Yeah, I get what you mean on the older MEPs. And some of the hosts of those MEPs don't frequent the forum or visit anymore, so it would be pretty safe to just delete the topics. That would have to be talked about with the leaders though, and I know FlameBlast is on vacation of some sort.

Replacement hosts would be wonderful! I'm in two studios that have that rule, and it really works for them when a host is slacking or doesn't know how to approach missing parts. Maybe we can set up some kind of chat with FlameBlast when she comes back from hiatus and make some suggestions to improve the forum! *O*
avatar
awakeningeden
Admin

Posts : 152
Participation! : 2147483647
Join date : 2013-05-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Harlequinade13 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:54 pm

@Eden
Yeah, I figure we should ask the hosts what they want to do about that.
Several MEPs are very close to being done; I would love to see this studio put out more MEPs soon. I know the ones that are almost done are going to be incredible. Smile
Glad you think the replacement host idea would work. I bet FlameBlast will have some ideas as well. I wonder if they would let me host the What You Know MEP since it got enough Yeses but was never opened.
avatar
Harlequinade13

Posts : 266
Participation! : 242
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Animefreaknya on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:55 am

I can talk with Mia about it.
avatar
Animefreaknya

Pisces
Buffalo
Posts : 57
Participation! : 55
Birthday : 1997-03-03
Join date : 2013-06-07
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by littlemissfiretruckx on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:34 pm

I like that anyone can host an MEP as long as enough people are interested in it, but maybe we need some kind of system to make sure that there aren't too many going on at the same time?
avatar
littlemissfiretruckx

Aquarius
Rooster
Posts : 172
Participation! : 158
Birthday : 1993-02-01
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Harlequinade13 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:15 pm

I agree with littlemissfiretruckx; maybe we could only each member to have a certain number of open MEPs at one time? And maybe that will encourage members to get their MEPs finished, especially if they want to open another one.
avatar
Harlequinade13

Posts : 266
Participation! : 242
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by xEmmaTheKid on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:23 pm

I wish she had given me the power to delete/edit/move topics when she made me a leader. :c Maybe I could actually do something about it.
avatar
xEmmaTheKid
Admin

Scorpio
Pig
Posts : 350
Participation! : 2147483647
Birthday : 1995-11-08
Join date : 2013-05-18
Age : 21
Location : Probably the Fridge

View user profile http://pandastockings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Harlequinade13 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:18 pm

It's ok. I think we should just focus on trying to get as many MEPs done as we can. And then we can try to fill-up or replace members of the older MEPs that still haven't done their parts. Most of the open MEPs simply aren't filled up yet even if their host is still an active member. I think we should try to help those MEPs too. I'd hate to see MEPs get deleted if people have already done their parts.
avatar
Harlequinade13

Posts : 266
Participation! : 242
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by awakeningeden on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:39 am

@harlequinnade: I agree. We should stay the course and get as many MEPs closed and completed within the next month, especially those that only two or three parts to be completed. Then, we can try to find ways to improve the current hosting system and make this place more efficient X3
avatar
awakeningeden
Admin

Posts : 152
Participation! : 2147483647
Join date : 2013-05-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Harlequinade13 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:21 pm

@Eden Yay, progress! XD
avatar
Harlequinade13

Posts : 266
Participation! : 242
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by xEmmaTheKid on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:47 pm

I think we should contact some of the older active members who haven't been on in a while too (LoveDatArt58, TamaranianOnMars [she's littlewonders13 now i think]) and see if they still would like to be a part of the studio and see if we can get them active again as well.
avatar
xEmmaTheKid
Admin

Scorpio
Pig
Posts : 350
Participation! : 2147483647
Birthday : 1995-11-08
Join date : 2013-05-18
Age : 21
Location : Probably the Fridge

View user profile http://pandastockings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Harlequinade13 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:41 pm

@Emma
Good idea!
By the way, I was wondering if I could host the What You Know MEP? It got all the needed Yeses in Suggestions, but the host never opened it. I would like to see it as an MEP, and I'd be willing to host it if allowed.
avatar
Harlequinade13

Posts : 266
Participation! : 242
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by littlemissfiretruckx on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Another thing we could do is keep track of how many MEPs people are signed up for, and once they're signed up for a certain number, they won't be allowed to sign up for any more until they finish some of their parts and turn them in. And that might motivate people to get their parts done faster, like if they're sitting on as many parts as they can have and a new MEP they really want to be in opens up, they might feel compelled to get at least one of those parts done so they can sign up for another one. If you guys like that idea, I volunteer to be the person who keeps track of all that.
avatar
littlemissfiretruckx

Aquarius
Rooster
Posts : 172
Participation! : 158
Birthday : 1993-02-01
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by awakeningeden on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:57 pm

@littlemissfiretruck: I think that's a fabulous idea! It will also keep people from stretching themselves thin, considering that it's very tempting to sign up for a bunch of MEP regardless of how much time you have to finish them XD And hmmm, as a number - I would say five should be the max amount you can be signed up for at one particular time, before having to get one done to sign up for another one.
avatar
awakeningeden
Admin

Posts : 152
Participation! : 2147483647
Join date : 2013-05-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by xEmmaTheKid on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:32 pm

Right, and if you don't think you are going to be able to finish it, let the host of the MEP know so they can find someone to replace you. Very Happy
avatar
xEmmaTheKid
Admin

Scorpio
Pig
Posts : 350
Participation! : 2147483647
Birthday : 1995-11-08
Join date : 2013-05-18
Age : 21
Location : Probably the Fridge

View user profile http://pandastockings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by littlemissfiretruckx on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:08 am

awakeningeden wrote:@littlemissfiretruck: I think that's a fabulous idea! It will also keep people from stretching themselves thin, considering that it's very tempting to sign up for a bunch of MEP regardless of how much time you have to finish them XD And hmmm, as a number - I would say five should be the max amount you can be signed up for at one particular time, before having to get one done to sign up for another one.

5 sounds about right. I definitely wouldn't make it any higher that. I was thinking 2-3, but that might be too strict. Yeah, 5 sounds good.

Also, I like that anyone can host an MEP as long as the song they suggest gets enough votes, but is there any way to, like, I dunno... centralize it a bit more? Because, to me, at least, it almost seems like we're a group of independent MEP hosts rather than a studio, and the forum is just a convenient place to find people to fill up the MEP instead of advertising it on YouTube. I think that's the other reason why things get so crazy - everyone think of their own MEPs as being their MEPs, instead of as the studio's, and then they want to get theirs done and sometimes neglect the parts they have in other people's MEPs. I hope that makes sense/doesn't sound too harsh...
avatar
littlemissfiretruckx

Aquarius
Rooster
Posts : 172
Participation! : 158
Birthday : 1993-02-01
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by xEmmaTheKid on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:33 pm

littlemissfiretruckx wrote:
awakeningeden wrote:@littlemissfiretruck: I think that's a fabulous idea! It will also keep people from stretching themselves thin, considering that it's very tempting to sign up for a bunch of MEP regardless of how much time you have to finish them XD And hmmm, as a number - I would say five should be the max amount you can be signed up for at one particular time, before having to get one done to sign up for another one.

5 sounds about right. I definitely wouldn't make it any higher that. I was thinking 2-3, but that might be too strict. Yeah, 5 sounds good.

Also, I like that anyone can host an MEP as long as the song they suggest gets enough votes, but is there any way to, like, I dunno... centralize it a bit more? Because, to me, at least, it almost seems like we're a group of independent MEP hosts rather than a studio, and the forum is just a convenient place to find people to fill up the MEP instead of advertising it on YouTube. I think that's the other reason why things get so crazy - everyone think of their own MEPs as being their MEPs, instead of as the studio's, and then they want to get theirs done and sometimes neglect the parts they have in other people's MEPs. I hope that makes sense/doesn't sound too harsh...

This ^
avatar
xEmmaTheKid
Admin

Scorpio
Pig
Posts : 350
Participation! : 2147483647
Birthday : 1995-11-08
Join date : 2013-05-18
Age : 21
Location : Probably the Fridge

View user profile http://pandastockings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by littlemissfiretruckx on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Also, maybe once all the sign-ups for the songs that currently have enough votes are open, we should temporarily put a hold on them? Just so we can see which ones have been around a while and still haven't been finished and get those wrapped up before we start on any new ones. And it might help if we deleted some old threads, like the ones for MEPs that have already been finished and uploaded on YouTube, just because fewer threads = easier to find things.
avatar
littlemissfiretruckx

Aquarius
Rooster
Posts : 172
Participation! : 158
Birthday : 1993-02-01
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by xEmmaTheKid on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:07 pm

littlemissfiretruckx wrote:Also, maybe once all the sign-ups for the songs that currently have enough votes are open, we should temporarily put a hold on them? Just so we can see which ones have been around a while and still haven't been finished and get those wrapped up before we start on any new ones. And it might help if we deleted some old threads, like the ones for MEPs that have already been finished and uploaded on YouTube, just because fewer threads = easier to find things.

All the ones that are finished get moved to another board tho
avatar
xEmmaTheKid
Admin

Scorpio
Pig
Posts : 350
Participation! : 2147483647
Birthday : 1995-11-08
Join date : 2013-05-18
Age : 21
Location : Probably the Fridge

View user profile http://pandastockings.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by littlemissfiretruckx on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:11 pm

xEmmaTheKid wrote: All the ones that are finished get moved to another board tho

Yeah, but do we really need to still have them on the forum at all after they're on YouTube? Just a thought.
avatar
littlemissfiretruckx

Aquarius
Rooster
Posts : 172
Participation! : 158
Birthday : 1993-02-01
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Harlequinade13 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:29 pm

I think we could still have the completed MEPs on the forum, but call it 'Finished MEPs'. I think one problem is that we have the 'unfilled MEPs and filled-but-waiting-for-completion MEPs on the same thread. But if an MEP doesn't have any more spots to fill, I would call it 'closed' rather than 'open'. Anyway, I do think we should keep the completed MEPs on the forum in their own thread just in case something gets removed on YT.
avatar
Harlequinade13

Posts : 266
Participation! : 242
Join date : 2014-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by littlemissfiretruckx on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Harlequinade13 wrote:I think we could still have the completed MEPs on the forum, but call it 'Finished MEPs'. I think one problem is that we have the 'unfilled MEPs and filled-but-waiting-for-completion MEPs on the same thread. But if an MEP doesn't have any more spots to fill, I would call it 'closed' rather than 'open'. Anyway, I do think we should keep the completed MEPs on the forum in their own thread just in case something gets removed on YT.

So we could have Open (there are still parts that need to be filled), Closed (all the parts are filled but it's still in progress), and Completed (finished and uploaded on YT)? That sounds good.
avatar
littlemissfiretruckx

Aquarius
Rooster
Posts : 172
Participation! : 158
Birthday : 1993-02-01
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guys, we gotta be a bit more punctual...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum